Where does the poetry come from?

My poetry comes through quickly, briefly edited and flows freely. It has been described as RAW, HONEST, SINCERE. It comes through so fast that if I don't sit and write it immediately, it is gone. Is it a gift? Is it worth sharing? I don't know, but I do know that it is now a part of me and I will put it out there.
Sincerely,
Sarah Sherman (C)

Sunday, March 13, 2011

My Daughter

My baby girl - about 2 months old

Once she was tiny
A mere 7lbs in my hands
Then she grew stronger
My arms held her close

As a toddler she was brave
She could walk a long way
She loved her mama well
She was a survivor I could tell

She hugged me tight
She kissed me goodnight
She continued to grow
A young woman I began to know

She is taller than me now
She thinks she knows it all
But her mother she will come to
When her world begins to fall

There are days we cry together
Then we are birds of a feather
One day she may know
The joy of a mother’s heart

She will learn the sorrow
Of watching your child grow
She will leave me
She will go out on her own

She will always know
She can return home
Her mother adores her
She is in my heart

No matter where life takes us
We will never be apart
My baby is not 7
She is not even 11

But hopefully by the time
She reaches 27
She will be my friend
In my heart to the end

A mother loves her child
She learns to let go
But the worry, the love
Never from her mind go

Sarah Sherman

No comments: